Speaking of daycare, he is back and still working on adjusting to life without Mom and Dad every moment of the day. His teachers are assuring us that he is getting better and better each day. I hope so. Tim has the dreaded job of dropping him off each morning. It sounds pretty heart-breaking. We are ready for him to be okay or even happy about daycare again, like he was last year.
Here they are on the first day back. Can you tell that Benjamin is sleepy?
Before we started back to work/daycare/school/real life, we took a short (I mean, really short) trip for a mini-vacation. We stayed at a nice hotel which included a great pool and even a place for Tim to fish. Also, we took Benjamin to the Rainforest CafĂ© (he loved it) and to the Bass Pro Shop (second time this summer, yikes). Benjamin entertained us by “wowing” over the waterfall at the Bass Pro Shop. This “wow” or “whoa” is one of his latest expressions. It is so cute. Usually, he says it with a little prompting, but on Sunday he heard the garbage disposal while I was cleaning the kitchen and he said, “Whoa!” I was truly delighted!
Another highlight of our mini-vacation was its proximity to DFW airport. I know it doesn’t sound too thrilling, but the planes passed over the pool constantly, and Benjamin was really intrigued. Again, he said “whoa” and “aadoo” (translation: airplane). It is so cool to hear him attempting these new words! Anyway, we had a great time on our last hoorah for summer. Here a few photos of the pool action.
No comments:
Post a Comment