Sunday, May 17, 2009

Another Lovely Sunday

Well, we had a wonderful day! The meteorologists predicted beautiful weather, and they were exactly right. We got up (fairly) early this morning, ate the good breakfast that Tim prepared for us, and started cleaning up our house to get ready for Benjamin's playdate with Connor and Matilda. Then Tim and Benjamin went for a run while I took a shower and finished cleaning a few things. Benjamin took a nap during Tim's run; he seems to enjoy their runs together- awake or asleep.

Jessica and Matilda arrived first. It was so interesting to see Benjamin interacting with another little one. Although he does it each day at day care, I don't get to watch. Here's a great picture of Matilda and Benjamin taking a look out the window. Aren't they so cute? Only ten days apart in age.



Later, Mindy and Connor arrived. Here's a shot of all three playing with the zoo. Since these babies are all mobile, this was one of the only pics I got of all three in the same frame. They played very well together.



After the playdate and a nap while Dad went fishing, we went out to eat Mexican food at Chuy's. We sat on the patio which features an Elvis statue (yikes!). Benjamin found it interesting.




Lately, we've been ordering off the children's menu for him. For some reason, I'm finding this exciting. I'm sure this excitement will fade since I'll be ordering and paying for his food for many years to come, but for now, it's cool! Benjamin really enjoyed the queso, rice, and beans.



Finally, we walked down to Harry's and got some frozen custard - German chocolate and toffee crunch. Benjamin sampled and enjoyed both. We wrapped up our outing with a stroll down the Katy trail. All in all, this was a great day- especially since Benjamin took a bath, ate, and is now resting contentedly in his crib. Makes me wonder- is this what summer will be like?




No comments:

Post a Comment