Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Nice, Long Memorial Day Weekend

Here are a few random photos from our weekend trip to Midland!

one of several attempts of a park picture

after lots of fun at the baseball game

a hug for Emma?

kitchen fun with Weezer

cousins sitting pretty in Nana and Poppy's front yard

This weekend we made the long trek to Midland and had a great time hanging out with the Wootan family. Benjamin had a nice time visiting his Nana and Poppy and getting reaquainted with his granny, cousins, aunt, and uncle. He seemed a little timid at first, but was quickly crawling all over the place and giving away many hugs and smiles for all. Next month, we'll be going on family vacation, but Granny won't be joining us so we wanted to visit with her.

In addition to his many performances of Patty Cake, Benjamin also did a great job sleeping in the pack and play and riding in his carseat. All in all, it was a fun trip. I'm pretty worn out tonight so I'll just name the hightlights!
  • Benjamin ate oranges with Aunt Gina and loved them
  • Olivia, Emma, and Benjamin had a great time swinging at the park
  • we took in a baseball game (featuring a rain delay and Emma singing), it was Benjamin's first game; he met the Church's Chicken and tried some traditional ballpark fare, including popcorn, a hot dog bun, cotton candy, a cookie, and a snow cone (just a sample, of course)
  • I discovered Benjamin's seventh tooth on the drive home today
  • Benjamin turned 11 months

I'm sure this list is incomplete, but for now it will have to do. What a fun trip -wish we could get to Midland more often.

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures, Rob! It looks like a lot of fun!!! :) I can't wait until vacation.

    ReplyDelete